Monday, January 26, 2015

Media Fast (17th- 19th)

     The 72 hour media fast was a struggle. About 5 hours into it I saw my phone ring and it was my mom calling. I couldn't ignore momma Alliegro so I picked up the phone, said hello and then told her that she shouldn't try contacting me the next few days. I told her goodbye and restarted my fast.

     I didn't know what to do with myself so I spent most of my time in the library doing homework and reading. When I got bored I would head to the rec center to workout for a while. Whenever I took a break to eat I ate big meals and ate very slowly. Although going the whole time shunning myself from any sort of media I feel as though I was very productive in my time away from the media. Also I think I slept better since I normally scroll through Vine or Twitter before I go to bed, and I read some article awhile back that bright lights do not help in making you fall asleep quickly.

    As productive as I felt on my media fast I do not want to do it again. I'm a film major, first of all, and it's probably beneficial for someone with my major to surround themselves with all sorts of media. Reading about cinema is nice but I enjoy sitting back watching it is much better in my opinion. Also I enjoy listening to music to much to want to media fast again. At this point in my life I have gone most of my life with media at my disposal so it is incredibly taboo to deny yourself any kind of media.

No comments:

Post a Comment